Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Zac Brown Band, Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Jimmy Buffett and Alabama’s Randy Owen are among the artists featured on A Tribute to Dan Fogelberg, a new album saluting the late singer-songwriter that’s been a long time in the making.
The project was released last month, 10 years after Fogelberg died of cancer at the age of 56. He is best known for ’80s-era hits like “Longer,” “Leader of the Band” and “Same Old Lang Syne,” Garth for one has been singing Fogelberg’s praises for years. “I always thought my music had to be flawless,” Garth told The Boston Globe early in his career, according to Rolling Stone. “One of my biggest influences was [Dan] Fogelberg, and if you ever listen to his stuff, it’s particularly flawless – all the harmonies are perfect.”
“There’s A Place In The World For A Gambler” (Garth Brooks, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Michael Martin Murphy, Amy Grant, John Oates, Fools Gold And Others)
“Leader Of The Band” (Zac Brown Band)
A Tribute to Dan Fogelberg:
1. Phoenix, Garth Brooks
2. Nether Lands, Donna Summer
3. Better Change, Michael McDonald
4. Longer, Amy Grant/Vince Gill
5. Same Old Lang Syne, Train
6. Don’t Lose Heart, Dobie Gray
7. Old Tennessee, Fools Gold/Denny Henson and Tom Kelly
8. As The Raven Flies, Casey James
9. Sutters Mill, Randy Owen
10. Run For The Roses, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Richie Furay
11. Hard To Say, Boz Scaggs
12. Part Of The Plan, Eagles
13. There’s A Place In The World For A Gambler, Jimmy Buffett
14. Leader Of The Band, Zac Brown
Get a copy of A Tribute To Dan Fogelberg here or here.
Teddy McDonald is a fun-lovin’ country music fan man living in Nashville, Tennessee.