Favorite Comfort Foods? Here’s Mine! Mississippi Pot Roast.
Nothing like a good slow-cooked roast in the crockpot. I’ve always done a roast with onions, potatoes, and carrots until I found this recipe! Mississippi Pot Roast. Just FIVE ingredients and it’s so simple.
Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
Here’s all you’ll need:
- a chuck roast
- ranch dressing mix
- au jus gravy mix
- jarred pepperoncini peppers
This will be your new favorite!
All you do is:
- Place the chuck roast in the bottom of your crockpot. I like to sear the roast in a pan before putting in the crockpot. Keeps it juicy.
- Sprinkle the ranch and au jus mixes over the top of the roast.
- Add the butter and pepperoncini peppers.
- Place the lid on top and cook over low heat for 8 hours or more.
Added benefit…..it makes your house smell great!