Yesterday was a special day in the Bender Family–the birthday of our furbaby, Mary Poppins!
We enjoy spoiling our babies, and that includes a birthday party each year.
Although COVID prevented us from filling the house with fur friends & family this year, Chris, Truly Scrumptious & I still threw a small family party to celebrate Mary Poppins’ big day.
Of course, no birthday party is complete without cake, so I whipped up a batch of dog-friendly pupcakes. They were a HUGE hit with the girls, and super quick & easy to make!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat or all-purpose)
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 ounces (1/2 block) cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line cupcake tin with liners
- In mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, peanut butter, oil, egg, honey & mix. Add dry ingredients & mix well (batter will be thick.)
- Scoop batter into cupcake tin & bake 20-25 minutes, until pupcakes are golden.
- While the pupcakes are baking, combine the frosting ingredients (peanut butter, pumpkin & cream cheese) and mix thoroughly.
- Cool pupcakes completely before frosting (they rise quite a bit during the baking process, so you may need to cut the tops off to flatten for the frosting.)