Make It Monday- Hamburger Casserole
It’s another Make It Monday. Today’s recipe is Hamburger Casserole!
Four ingredients, a crowd pleaser for sure!
As usual, I made some adjustments to the original recipe I found. I don’t like tomato soup… so I replaced with just tomato sauce. Don’t ask. In my brain it’s different. I’m a strange one.
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds of Ground Beef (or turkey) I used about 1.25 pounds… I almost feel like it’d be better with a bit more meat.
- 1 pound of pasta (I used shell pasta)
- 2- 15 oz. cans of tomato sauce (or you can use cans of tomato soup)
- Cheese– you can use one type or mix- I used cheddar and mozzarella
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Bring water to boil for pasta
- Cook pasta according to package
- While the pasta is cooking, brown your meat
- Add seasonings to meat – whatever you prefer. I used my typical- garlic, onion, paprika and cayenne pepper
- Once the meat is cooked, mix in tomato sauce/soup. I also mixed in some of the cheese here
- Drain the noodles
- I mixed the sauce altogether with the noodles, then spread into a 9 X 13 dish – I did add about half a cup of water here, just to make sure it didn’t dry out too much during baking.
- Add cheese to the top
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes
- Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes
- You can broil for a few minutes at the end if you want to brown/crisp up the cheese on top
Serve it up!
I served this by itself… but you could always serve with a salad or veggies.
I feel it had a similar taste to lasagna… even though I didn’t use any Italian seasoning. Either way, it was delicious and filling. Pretty sure it’ll please even picky eaters like me!
Check out last week’s Make It Monday recipe too: Stromboli.