Welcome to another Make It Monday!
Today’s Make It Monday is a simple, three ingredient recipe!
I will admit… with Mother’s Day this weekend, I was scrambling to find a recipe I could make for this week’s recipe.
I searched Pinterest and found a roasted chicken recipe. The author said she was inspired by a Cracker Barrel recipe. I took her recipe and made a slight change.
Today it’s Roasted Chicken and Potatoes.
The recipe only requires THREE ingredients.
- Chicken breasts (or thighs) I used 3 breasts for my recipe
- Potatoes – I used russet potatoes, since that’s what I had on hand. I used 4 medium sized potatoes.
- 1 Can of Chicken Broth (I tried using less than I normally do for crockpot recipes since sometimes there’s too much liquid!)
- Optional: a veggie of your choice. The original recipe had carrots, but I don’t like carrots and used mushrooms instead. I also thought about using zucchini.
Seasonings: Your choice! I used my typical garlic, onion, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Dice up potatoes
- Put chicken and potatoes (and veggie too) into a crockpot
- Add seasonings
- Cover with chicken broth
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours
This was a super easy meal, which worked well since I got home pretty late yesterday.
The original recipe had it cooking in the oven, which I was going to try, but simply didn’t have the time. It also didn’t include the chicken broth. I wanted to make sure the chicken had some flavor and stayed moist.
The chicken was extremely soft and shredded easily. I separated the chicken out and shredded it, adding BBQ sauce. Then had the mushrooms and potatoes as a side with a little butter.
While this isn’t my all time favorite recipe– it definitely worked in a pinch.
Check out last week’s recipe too: Hamburger Casserole