Welcome to another Make It Monday-
Cheesy Baked Tortellini
SO sorry for the delay! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve shared a recipe. Let’s just say– life got a little busy and I was mostly throwing together my “usual” easy meals. I wasn’t searching for new stuff. But alas, I am BACK!
I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had tortellini! Figured I’d try something new!
This is Cheesy Baked Tortellini. Overall, it’s a pretty simple recipe!
- 1 pound of ground meat (I used my usual turkey meat!)
- Tortellini – this can be refrigerated or the frozen kind. I got some of the Walmart brand in the frozen food section and once the water boiled, it only had to cook 3 minutes!
- 1 package of cream cheese
- Pasta sauce or marinara (I made my spaghetti type sauce using a large can of tomato sauce and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion and Italian seasoning)
- 1-2 cups of Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Put water on to boil.
- Cook the tortellini per the package instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Brown your meat, drain the grease and season.
- Add your sauce to the meat, then put in the cream cheese to melt.
- Add tortellini to the sauce mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheeses on top (I measure with my heart… Ha)
- Bake on 350 for around 20 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the top!
Let me just say… once it finished, I wasn’t able to taste it right then. So last night I heated up a small bowl of it — because I needed to taste test before sending it for lunch! Can I just say… YUM?!
Of course, I love it because it’s cheesy! It almost has a lasagna type flavor, but honestly seems a lot easier than lasagna!
It will definitely feed quite a few people– and the leftovers are delicious. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Check out our last Make It Monday recipe: Cheesy Chicken and Rice (Seems I have an unhealthy obsession with cheese. I’ll try to make next week’s recipe something without cheese!)