Make It Monday- Taco Hashbrown Casserole
Hey there! Happy Monday. I know it’s been a while, but Make It Monday is BACK! This week’s recipe is Taco Hashbrown Casserole.
Honestly, I was in a bind and knew I needed to find something to make. I always go with super easy anyway, but I really wanted something NOT complicated at all. (It was that kind of weekend, ya know what I mean?)
I stumbled onto this Taco Hashbrown Casserole on Pinterest. It IS a crockpot meal… BUT, you do have to brown and season your meat before mixing it into the crockpot.
- 1 pound of ground meat (as usual, I went with turkey)
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup (or more) of shredded cheese – I used regular shredded cheddar, but the taco blend would’ve been great too
- 1 bag of shredded hashbrowns (the one I got from Walmart was 26 ounces)
- Brown your meat, and drain the grease
- Season with a taco seasoning packet, or your own homemade blend (which I did)
- Add water as directed on taco seasoning packet, or until well moistened
- Pour in the can of cheddar cheese soup, and stir
- Mix in half of the cheese
- Mix in the hashbrowns
- Spread into a greased crock pot
- Top with remaining cheese
- Set to cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-2.5 hours (I chose high)
Overall, it was pretty easy, except I’d prefer to only use ONE dish (less to clean up, am I right?). Upon the taste test, I will say it needed WAY more seasoning. Since I didn’t use an actual taco seasoning packet, I probably didn’t add enough seasoning considering the amount of ingredients. The potatoes probably needed a little additional seasoning too- like salt or something.
Definitely a few tweaks I’d make to this one in the future. I did add some hot sauce and salt when I prepped my lunch for today. It was definitely better that way!