A post on Reddit is going viral about things that were normal in the 90’s but are rare or even nonexistent now. It’s fun to laugh and reminisce at some of these things that were once normal, but they also have me feeling a bit old considering they’re no longer necessary in our daily lives. Here’s a list of the top comments:
1. A Discman plugged into a cassette tape with a wire to play music in your car.
2. Hotlines for the weather report, current time, and movie show times.
3. Talking to your friend’s mom to see if they were home.
4. Being unreachable, with no one thinking that it was unusual or rude.
5. Picking someone up from the airport, and waiting for them at their gate.
6. Card catalogs to find books in a library.
7. Pressing “Play” and “Record” at the same time.
8. The “yellow pages.”
9. Taking your disposable camera to get developed.
10. Pogs. And slap bracelets.
I also appreciated one user’s comment about ‘calling from a pay phone for a ride but calling collect and
saying your name as “im here come get me” to save the quarter.’ Check out the full thread here