How Much Do The Gifts From “The 12 Days Of Christmas” Cost In 2022
We’ve all heard the song 12 Days Of Christmas, but how much would all of those things cost in 2022? Let’s find out! Every year someone adds up the current costs of all of the gifts. This year it was the folks at PNC Bank. Of course, we hear all about inflation in 2022. So how much did that affect the cost of these gifts this year? Let’s find out.
If you add up the cost of the gifts from 12 Days Of Christmas, it would cost you $45,523 to buy it all! That’s up 10.5% from last year. How does it break down per item? Let’s take a look, shall we?
The Break Down
- Twelve drummers drumming would cost $3,267 to hire them.
- Eleven pipers piping to hire them would cost $3,021.
- Ten lords-a-leaping would cost $13,980. That’s actually the most expensive gift on the list. It’s based on how much it would cost to hire ten dancers from the Philadelphia ballet.
- Nine ladies dancing would cost you $8,308. Thats based on hiring nine women from a modern dance company in Philly.
- Eight maids-a-milking would cost $58. It’s a weird gift, but it’s the cheapest on the list. That’s eight women milking cows for an hour at the federal minimum wage of $7.25.
- Seven swans-a-swimming would cost you $13,125. I have no idea how you’d actually rent swans.
- Six geese-a-laying would cost you $720.
- Five gold rings will run you $1,245, thats up 39%. That’s a bigger jump than anything else on the list. It’s for five 14-carat gold rings according to a national jewelry chain.
- Four calling birds will cost you $600.
- Three French hens will run you $319.
- Two turtle doves will cost you $600.
- And a partridge in a pear tree will be $280. The partridge costs the same as last year, but fertilizer prices are up, so pear trees have jumped 26%.
If you want to check out more Christmas stuff, just click here.