Alabama, Today In Country Music History, And it’s a big one for the supergroup! On this date in 1981, RCA Records Nashville would release Alabama‘s fifth album, “Feels So Right”. It was their first #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. On the all-genre Billboard 200 the album peaked at #16 and stayed for more than three years, longer than any other Alabama album.
The Number One Songs From Feels So Right.
- Old Flame
- Feels So Right
- Love In The First Degree
“Feels So Right” not only was Alabama’s first #1 Album, it finished the year at number 3 for all albums in 1981!
The single “Feels So Right” would become Alabama’s 4th straight number-one song! It would also be the first song Alabama had to cross over to Top 40, Pop, and Adult Radio and sold over 4 million copies
Alabama, The Band!
- Formed In 1969 in Ft Payne Alabama
- Founding Members, Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry & Jeff Cook
- Original Band Name: Wild Country
- Changed Their Name To Alabama In 1977
- In the 1980s, they had 27 Number #1 songs, 21 in a row, and sold over 7 million albums
- 41 #1 Songs As A Band
- 26 Albums
Awards For Alabama!
- Vocal Group Of The Year, 12 Times
- Entertainers Of The Year, 7 Times
- Album Of The Year, 4 Times
- Artist Of The Decade For The 1980’s
Jason Aldean, has been quoted as saying, that if were not for the band Alabama, He probably would not be singing Country music today. As we celebrate Alabama, Today In Country Music History, lets look at the biggest videos from Alabama