Originally from Raleigh, NC, I bounced to Charlotte for a year before moving to Augusta. I’ve been in radio since 2010 and Kicks 99 feels just like home for me!
I rarely have any free or down time – and that’s exactly how I like it! Cash and I travel at every chance we get. When we aren’t exploring new places, you can find us on the Riverwalk, bar hopping on Broad Street, or hosting a Kan Jam game at the house. We just adopted the sweetest puppy, Bruno, from the Aiken SPCA and take him every where we can. He’s ridiculously spoiled and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
I love being in the kitchen! I cook almost every night for us, and I try to be super healthy, but I’ll never say no to a glass of wine and a cookie. Or chocolate. Or cake.
If you love to dance, pet every dog that walks past you on the street, don’t mind that I sing along to every song even though I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, and you hate the ending of Game of Thrones, then we should be friends! Hang with me every week night between 7p-midnight and find me (really, Bruno) on Instagram @mimiewheeler!
20 Questions for Mimi
- What’s the one food you can’t resist? Ooey gooey cinnamon rolls
- What’s your greatest fear? Identity theft
- Where is your favorite place to be? In a small, dark bar or pub drinking wine with my man
- What’s your favorite movie? I honestly don’t have one, I’m not much of a movie person.. I have a hard time staying focused
- If you could have dinner with two people, dead or alive, who would they be? My late grandmother and grandfather
- If you could have one talent, what would it be? Anything athletic!
- If you won the lottery, what would you buy first? An all-inclusive Caribbean vacation for my entire family
- What’s your favorite outdoor activity? Walking (technically bar hopping)
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning bathtubs + mopping the floor
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? Veterinarian or Marine Biologist
- What’s your spirit animal? My sweet angel puppy, Bruno. He lives the best life.
- What is one thing on your bucket list? Eat all the pasta and drink all the wine in Italy
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Women who cut down other women to get ahead
- What is your dream vacation? Italy of course, but I’d love to see the Northern Lights
- If you could be a member of any TV-Sitcom family, which would it be? Modern Family
- What is the funniest joke you know by heart? What dog does magic tricks? A labracadabrador.
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza? Add bacon and pepperoni and I’m down
- What job would you be terrible at? Pilot, I’m terrified of heights.
- What could you give a 30 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Country radio programming or social media
- Three words that describe you: transparent, achiever, giver