Please check back frequently for updates on cancellations due to precautions surrounding COVID-19 in the CSRA. Please visit our homepage to find more information on the virus outbreak.
- Richmond County School System comments on prom:
- Augusta University:
Information regarding student refunds : READ HERE
- Georgia Schools to remain closed until April 27th
- South Carolina Schools to remain closed through April
- Richmond County School System Drive Through Drive Meal Program
- Columbia County Schools: UPDATED**CLOSING MARCH 18-APRIL 13
- Columbia County School Closure Feeding Drive Through Sites:
Grovetown Elementary, Grovetown Middle, North Harlem Elementary, Martinez Elementary, Parkway Elementary, South Columbia Elementary and Lakeside High
Grab & Go Sack Meals for lunch and the next day breakfast for any students 18 & under.
Starts Monday March 23rd- April 3rd.
Serving time: 11:00a.m. -1:00p.m.
- The University of Georgia and Georgia Southern:
Canceled spring commencement ceremonies
- Georgia Universities:
All University System of Georgia Schools, including Augusta University, will switch to online classes for the remainder of the semester.
- Edgefield County Schools:
Please check the county’s announcement on meals, school work, and other information on the following link: Edgefield County School Information
- Lincoln County Schools:
Closed for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, March 17.
- Burke County Schools:
will be closed March 19 through April 14
- Richmond County Schools:
- GEORGIA REGENTS UNIVERSITY: March 16th – March 30th.
All classes, including Augusta University, have been cancelled for two weeks. Cancellations begin Monday, March 16th and continue until March 30th.
Students currently on spring break are urged NOT to return to their campus. Those on campus are asked to leave by the close of business Friday, March 13th.
- McDuffie County Schools:
Closed next week, March 16-20.
- Aiken County:
Schools have temporarily suspended all athletic competitions. Teams will be allowed to practice as school officials monitor developments in the coronavirus health scare.
- Warren County Schools:
Closed until further notice.
- Richmond County Athletics:
All athletic events at Richmond County schools are postponed until further notice.
Public hearings, kindergarten round-up and hiring events are also put off until further notice.
- Augusta Prep:
Online learning will continue through Friday, March 27.
RESTAURANTS/GROCERY STORE INFORMATION:
- Grocery Store Updates:
Walmart, Kroger and Publix stores all have adjusted store hours until further notice for cleaning and sanitizing.
Kroger: stores will be open 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.;
Puxlix: stores will close daily at 8 p.m.;
Walmart: stores will be open from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m.
until further notice.
- SC RESTAURANTS CLOSING IN-HOUSE
LOCAL BUSINESS CLOSINGS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- Augusta Shutdown of Nonessential Business/Gatherings
- Savannah River campgrounds:
Restricted use: ALL INFORMATION HERE
- Golden Harvest Food Bank: Mobile Market Food Distribution: UPDATED 3/21/2020
Georgia Residents: INFORMATION HERE
- COLUMBIA COUNTY PARKS, OFFICES, FACILITIES: THROUGH APRIL 6th
- Lucy Craft Laney Museum of Black History:
Closed Until Mid-April-Please visit our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaneyMuseum/ for an upcoming digital tour of the Museum’s current Women’s Exhibition. Several images will be posted each week for our virtual visitors to enjoy.
- Columbia County Senior Center:
Closed starting Monday, March 6th, until further notice. During the closure the building will be thoroughly sanitized. Columbia County Public Transit and the Senior Center will continue to provide meals those who currently receive the service.
- Tabernacle Baptist Church:
Cancelled Sunday services, but will stream instead at 9 and 11 a.m.
- Paceline Ride: POSTPONED
- Drive, Chip, and Putt: CANCELLED
- the Masters Tournament, the Augusta National Women’s Amateur and the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals:
- Columbia County Spring Fair:
Governor Brian P. Kemp joined the American Red Cross in encouraging Georgians to donate blood as federal, state, and local officials work to address the effects of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 READ HERE
- Fort Gordon COVID-19 Precautionary Measures:
- Augusta University Health:
- Georgia DOL Job Fair Cancellation
- Garden City Festival at Sacred Heart: Canceled.
- State of Georgia:
Gov. Brian Kemp ordered the closure of all public elementary, secondary and post-secondary schools in Georgia starting Wednesday through the end of March
- The Salvation Army Response to COVID19:
- Augusta University:
Augusta University closes certain entrances and continues to observe modified family presence to limit potential exposure of Corona Virus.
- First COVID-19 Related Death: South Carolina:
South Carolina recorded its first death from COVID-19 Monday when a resident of the Lexington Medical Center Extended Care Skilled Nursing Facility died. Department of Health and Environmental Control are working with the facility to identify anyone the man may have had contact with.
- Two presumptive positive cases at Augusta University Health System
- A Message from the Columbia County Tax Commissioner:
- Boys and Girls Club:
Boys & Girls Clubs to Close Temporarily, Will Offer Dinner to Club Members During Closings
- South Carolina March and April Elections:
postponed : more info here: 2020-03-15-March-April-Elections-Postponed
- A Camp Wonderland Concert at First Baptist Church:
- Harry Connick. Jr. Concert:
This Saturday’s concert at Augusta’s Bell Auditorium has been cancelled over coronavirus concerns. Ticket holders will be refunded through their point of purchase, within 5 – 10 days if you bought tix over the phone or online. Tickets purchased at the JBA box office can be returned to the box office to be refunded.
- Drive Fore Show, Rock Fore Dough:
postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- City of Grovetown:
Officials have postponed the next municipal court calendar scheduled for March 24th in the city of Grovetown. Cases will be rescheduled.
- Jury trials:
Jury trials in the Augusta Judicial Circuit which includes Richmond, Burke and Columbia counties have been suspended for the next month. The suspension was ordered by Chief Judge Carl Brown and includes grand jury sessions as well. Legal deadlines related to pending cases that fall within the 30 – day period have also been suspended.
- The Big Bounce America: April 3-th
postponed. Refunds will be issued to those who are unable to attend the rescheduled sessions. All other tickets will automatically be transferred to the new dates.Those seeking refunds should send an e-mail to email@example.com. Include the first and last name of the purchaser, as well as the e-mail address used to purchase the tickets.
- Dancing Stars of Augusta:
- Augusta St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 17th
- 2020 Mayor’s Masters Reception: April 6th
- The Jill Scott Show at the Bell Auditorium:
- MercyMe, Jeremy Camp and David Leonard Concert: March 13
- The Cody Jinks show: March 21
re-scheduled for June 13
- CSRA Heartwalk:
- Richmond County Special Olympics: March 13
- Area 9 Special Olympics at Fort Gordon: March 25
- Columbia County Special Olympics: March 27