The month of September has been officially named, “Better Breakfast Month.” Now before you get all worked up here, that doesn’t mean you have to drop the Egg McMuffin for avocado toast every day!
It’s a month that puts the spotlight on trying different things in the morning. It’s been said for years that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it truly is. So many people just get up, shower, and hit the road. From the time you eat your dinner till morning, for most of us, it is about 12 hours and your body needs fuel from breakfast so that you don’t start storing fat and your body starts thinking, “I’m never getting food again!”
Advantages Of Eating In The Morning
1) It gives you the daily discipline of getting up earlier and making breakfast.
2) It gives you energy and you won’t be so sluggish starting your day and you think you need 10 cups of coffee to get that energy.
3) It can provide you with essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients from the right breakfast.
4) It will boost your brain power and give you a clear focus to start your day.
5) A good breakfast will help you make better food choices later in the day for other meals.
Biggest Reasons For Skipping Breakfast
1) Not having enough time or wanting to spend the extra time in bed.
2) Trying to lose weight.
3) Too tired to bother.
4) Bored of the same breakfast foods.
5) Don’t feel hungry in the morning.
Wanna fix that? See the advantages of breakfast above!
How To Change Your Morning Patterns
1) Plan your meals for the week. Doesn’t mean you eat the same thing everyday, just plan.
2) Set your clock for just 30 minutes earlier and make breakfast and eat.
3) If your breakfast now is a drive through, find a healthier options at the drive through. Get the Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuit, just don’t eat the biscuit.
4) If you are not eating breakfast now, grab some fruit, even a couple of bananas as you head out the door will make a big difference.
5) If cereal is a part of your morning meal, drop the fruit Loops for Cheerio and use 2% milk. Maybe even switch cereal for oatmeal.
On Sunday, I prep my breakfast for the week and just warm it up in the microwave. It can be done, you just have to plan it out. Because, remember, it is the most important meal of the day. Even Carrie Underwood knows the importance of breakfast, and making it easy!
Let’s take a look at some not just healthy, but better breakfast options here!