What is new to eat in restaurants this winter? That’s the big question. It seems like at the start of each new quarter of the year, the new stuff rolls out. You also see it in the fall when it’s pumpkin season. The same thing happens in the summer for peach and watermelon flavors. Christmas becomes crazy with Little Debbie cakes and peppermint.
This February for Valentine’s Day is no different. Those offers for Valentine’s dinner specials and flowers soon will be showing up on your social media feeds. So get ready. What about those who are single and not participating in the month of love?
February Means New Foods
We have some great new items in stores and restaurants for the Valentine’s holiday. You see a lot of these:
- Little Debbie Snack Cakes
- Peanut Butter Cups shaped like hearts.
- The Brocks Tiny Message Candy’s
- The hearts of chocolate
- The Valentine’s Fun Dip
- M & M’s
All of these are traditional and standard but there are some new items out for a limited time and we’ll hit those and introduce you to them shortly.
From The Did You Know File About Valentines
According to Good Housekeeping these are some pretty wild facts about Valentine’s Day
- 250 million roses are grown for Valentine’s Day each year.
- Getting a red rose represents love.
- Americans spent $26 billion dollars on Valentine’s Day in 2023.
- $193.00 is the average we’ll spend this year.
- 145 million Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged on February 14th.
- Around 27 million households spend around $751 million dollars on their pets for Valentine’s.
- What about jewelry? 5.5 billion dollars will be spent on bling.
Being single in February isn’t so bad after all.
So while you are out and about this Valentine’s season and ask, what is new to eat, you can thank love for some of these great new menu items.