Food holidays are some of the best to celebrate. I mean, it’s food, right? Today is National Onion Ring Day. I’m not sure who made this a national day but thank you, thank you, thank you. I had to do my part to celebrate so I did and here is the proof!
How about some fun facts about Onion rings & Onions!
- The first recipe for Onion Rings was in a Crisco ad in a 1933 issue of the New York Times Magazine. My Question is who thought to do this?
- The average American consumes about 20 pounds of onion rings a year. I’d say that sounds pretty accurate. I do my part to help.
- Don’t like the onion breathe after eating, here’s a trick, eat parsley. It helps kill the onion smell!
- Did you know the United States produces nearly 2 million metric tons of onions a year? That’s a lot of onions.
- The Guinness Book says the biggest onion grown was in England and weighed 10 pounds & 14 ounces!
- Funyuns made by Frito Lay are really good, But they aren’t onion rings, not even close!
- Ever noticed when you go to Burger King, At least one onion ring ends up in your bag? Hmmmmmm!
- There’s nothing better than a cheeseburger, onion rings and a milk shake!