Welcome to another Make It Monday! Going to be honest here… I had NO idea what to call this one. AND, I originally saw it on TikTok, thought I saved the video… but NOPE.
So I had to try to remember what I needed for this one. Thankfully, it’s not too complicated!
Here’s my Baked Tacos!
- 1 to 2 pounds of ground meat. I had about 1.25 pounds of turkey meat for mine
- 1-2 packets of taco seasoning (depending on how much meat you have!)
- 8 oz. Cream cheese (I used 4 ounces for the amount of meat I had.)
- Shredded Cheddar- I never really measure out. Measure with your heart!
- Tortillas – I used 16 small flour tortillas.
- Brown your meat and drain the grease
- Add in taco seasoning packet(s)– add water as directed on packet
- Let simmer for a few minutes
- Add in cream cheese and let melt
- Add in shredded cheddar
- Lightly grease a baking sheet
- Fill tortillas with meat mixture, add extra cheese if desired
- Roll up and place on pan
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until the tortillas are slightly browned.
And you’re done! You can add toppings if you like… I actually thought about drizzling some queso on top- but I refrained (this time)!
While it’s basically just “tacos”… the cream cheese definitely added a creamy, unique flavor. And baking them sealed them up, making it easier to eat than normal tacos, plus it added a crispiness to it, without being a crunchy taco!
I know last week and this week, the recipes were taco/Mexican food themed. I’ll try to find something else for next week! Happy Monday! Let me know if you give this one a try!
Missed last week? Check out the Taco Hashbrown Casserole.