Make It Monday- Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
Welcome back to another Make It Monday! Today I have a super easy Chicken Parmesan recipe that you cook in the crockpot! As always, I love EASY! Throw it in, let it cook and DONE!
CROCKPOT CHICKEN PARMESAN
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1-1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs (I used gluten free!)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Spaghetti sauce (I made my own with tomato sauce and seasonings)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Noodles of your choice (I used gluten free penne)
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl or bag (I used a large Ziploc bag)- Put chicken breast into the mixture and dredge or shake to coat.
- Put chicken breasts in crockpot (I sprayed some cooking spray in my crockpot to make sure nothing stuck!)
- Top the chicken breasts with the spaghetti sauce- the amount depends on how much sauce you want to go with the noodles
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (I used 3 breasts and cooked on low for 6 hours)
- Once the chicken is cooked, prepare water to boil for noodles
- Top chicken with mozzarella cheese and turn crockpot on high to melt cheese while the noodles cook.
- Once the noodles are cooked, top with the chicken!
If you’re planning to make your own spaghetti sauce, this is what I used:
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
Honestly, I’m one of those “Measure with your heart” type people! I just pour seasonings in until I feel that it’s enough. Sometimes it doesn’t go as well as other times… but for the most part, it’s fine!
I love any recipe that I can throw in the crockpot and it does most of the work. This one does require the work afterward of cooking noodles– but maybe you don’t want pasta! You could throw any side with it.
Missed last week’s Make It Monday? Sausage Egg and Rice!
What other type of recipes would you like to see? Have you tried any that you loved?